Lincoln Baptist Church was founded in 1887 by two sister churches, Refuge Baptist and Blue Eye Baptist. The Two churches saw the need for a “downtown” church and met in the fall of 1887 to form the Lincoln Missionary Baptist Church. Construction on the first building began in 1889. In the early years Sunday School was held every week while preaching services were scheduled only on certain Sundays of the month. Construction on the second sanctuary began in April of 1956 and is the current worship facility. A children’s annex was added in 1986 which today is also host to our Mother’s Day Out program. The church has had 39 different Pastors in her 120 year history with the Rev. William E. Goodwin, III (Bill) serving as her current pastor since July 2002.
Lincoln Baptist is a proud member of the Coosa River Baptist Association, the Alabama Baptist Convention and the Southern Baptist Convention. We have long history of supporting missions both at home and abroad. We are committed to Historic Southern Baptist principles and adhere to the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 as our confessional Statement.